In this tutorial, you will learn how to create and facilitate your first workshop.
Follow the step by step instructions, if you want more details about a specific feature you can follow the links and read the detailed help articles.
A. Create a workshop with a template
From your Dashboard:
- Click on the Create a Stormz button
- From the Select a template screen, select the Brainstorming and beyond category and then the Brainstorming - Find Wild Ideas template
- Give a title to your workshop, for example “How to improve the world”.
- Click on the Create the workshop button.
In this tutorial, we will use the template “out of the box” (without customisations) so this is all we need to do! You are ready to invite participants.
B. Invite participants to your workshop
From the workshop screen:
- Open the participant’s list by clicking on the user icon on the top right of the screen.
- Go to to the invitation settings by clicking on the invite link.
From the invitation settings:
- Input the email of the participants, customize the message if needed and click on Send invitations. Each participants will receive an email and be invited to the workshop. They might need to create their own user account on the fly.
- Get out of the settings panel by clicking on the exit button (the cross on the top-right of the settings panel).
Once participants are logged into the workshop you should see them in the participant’s list.
C. Facilitate the workshop
Now that you have participants, let’s run this workshop.
For each step, read the instructions to the participants and let them do the task. Once a step is over you can move onto the next step by clicking on the step menu, selecting the next step and then clicking on ”Select this step”.
Step 1: Generate ideas. Participants can add cards for each one of their ideas. They cannot see other’s ideas.
Step 3: Select most promising ideas. Participants can vote on other’s ideas.
Step 5: Improve other's ideas. Participants can improve other’s ideas using the lists “More efficient”, “more creative”, “easier to implement”.
D. Export the content
Now that the workshop is over and you have many ideas on how to improve the world you can export the content in several file format.
- Open the settings panel by clicking on the Settings icon (the gear on the top right of the screen).
- Select the Export settings.
- Chose which export you would like to generate and click on the relevant button.
- Once the export is ready, you receive a notification and you Download the export by clicking on the download button.
Congratulations you have facilitated your first Stormz worskshop!