A workshop is a collaborative activity when participants are working together on a challenge.
You can facilitate a synchronous workshop where all participants are connected at the same time, or an asynchronous one that span across several days.
A workshop is divided by steps. The current step is managed by the facilitator. On each step participants can do a number of things:
- create cards,
- regroup cards into clusters,
- illustrate cards with file attachment,
- comment on a card,
- develop ideas with sections,
- vote on cards or clusters.
- evaluate cards.
There is number of different visualizations available:
- Card view that shows the clusters and their cards in vertical fashion
- Canvas view such as grids, columns or more complex ones such as the business model canvas
- Bar chart to display the result of a vote
- Bubble chart to display the result of an evaluation.
- Insight cloud to display the content as a smart word cloud
It make the workshop a good use-cases for:
- Explore a vision,
- Formulate a challenge,
- Understand a user, a product or a market,
- Brainstorm ideas,
- Develop and evaluate solutions or prototypes,
- Formalize an action plan,
- Assess a project or conduct a retrospective...